Thank you to Remya of The Unique Medley for my Liebster Award nomination. Remya’s blog really does feature a unique and diverse medley of Indian, Mexican and Chinese recipes inspired by home cooking. This is my second Liebster Award nomination and I am undertaking the challenge this time to share some information about myself and help promote the blogs that I follow that I really enjoy.
THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD
If you have been nominated for The Liebster award and choose to ACCEPT it, write a blog post about it in which you:-
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!
ELEVEN ANSWERS TO ELEVEN QUESTIONS
- What inspired you to start a blog? My friends and family often asked me for my recipes and it is a great way to share my cooking and eating adventures with them and others around the world.
- What would you consider as your greatest strength? Resilience -being able to weather tough times and make the most of the good times
- If you won the lottery what would be your first reaction? I would probably cry with joy
- What is your most essential kitchen appliance? Why? The mini spice grinder my son Nick gave me one Christmas. It is grinds up wet and dry spices quickly and is easy to clean and doesn’t take up a lot of space in the cupboard!
- What would your dream job be? Being a full-time food and travel blogger!
- What’s your favourite fruit? Bananas
- Have you ever helped out an injured animal? Yes, an injured cockatoo (Australian bird). I moved it off a busy road on my way to a formal dinner and called animal rescue service to come and assist it.
- Who was your favourite teacher at school and why? My English teachers – because I always loved reading the books and creative writing.
- Do you like vanilla or chocolate cake? Chocolate of course!
- Which fictional character do you wish was real? President Jed Bartlett in West Wing – because he would beat Donald Trump in an election
- Who is your role model? Nelson Mandela
ELEVEN RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
- I love playing scrabble
- I have dual citizenship – South Africa and Australia
- Swimming is my favourite form of exercise
- I love the beach and ocean
- I am passionate about my AFL football team, the Sydney Swans
- I am always planning my next overseas trip
- I love researching restaurants and food experiences
- I would like to have more creative pursuits like art
- I enjoy helping others to learn and develop
- I used to enjoy designing and making my own clothes when I was at school
- I love the House of Cards TV series
MY FIVE BLOG NOMINATIONS
MY QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES
- What inspires your blog?
- Where is your dream location to live?
- What is your favourite food?
- How do you relax?
- What is your favourite holiday location?
- What is your all time favourite movie or book?
- Can you speak another language other than English? And if so, which one/s?
- Do you own a pet and if so, what is it’s name?
- Where was your first house?
- Who taught you how to cook?
- What and where is your favourite restaurant?
Thanks for all the great blogging you all do! I look forward to seeing your responses😀