This classic combination of ingredients is hard to go past as a delicious brunch, breakfast or entree.
For the crepes I just halve the sugar and throw in some dill leaves into my favourite easy Martha Stewart crepe recipe….https://www.marthastewart.com/921813/how-make-crepes
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Small handful Dill leaves (no stems)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (1 tablespoon extra for frying crepes)
Put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until frothy.
Heat small non-stick pan, dip kitchen paper in butter and lightly coat pan with butter.
Pour a small ladleful of crepe batter into pan and swirl to create a thin crepe. Wait until browned on one side and flip. Repeat until you finish batter. You will have about 12-14 crepes depending on the size of your pan.
- 250g Thinly sliced Smoked salmon
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons dill leaves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Lebanese cucumber diced
- 100g smoked salmon pearls or caviar
Mix creme fraiche with herbs, pinch of salt, a grind of black pepper.
Lay crepes on plate, line with smoked salmon, add a dollop of herbed creme fraiche,a few bits of cucumber, roll up and serve topped with a teaspoon or two of caviar, and additional cucumber on the side of you like.