Roasted, caramelised fennel has to be one of the yummiest salad ingredients. For this salad I roasted the fennel and cherry tomatoes, adding the broccoli toward the end so it was just tender and tossed with fresh rocket leaves. Delicious with Butterflied Prawns with garlic and chilli
Prep time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
1 medium size fennel bulb
10 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1 head of broccoli
2 cups fresh rocket leaves
Juice of 1 lemon
salt and black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celcius
2. Cut off top of fennel bulb and slice into half, then into thirds
3. Halve the cherry tomatoes or leave whole if they are really small
4. Remove hard stalk of broccoli and cut into florets
5. Place fennel in roasting pan lined with baking paper
6. Smear fennel with some olive oil and place in oven for 10 minutes
7. Add cherry tomatoes cut side up and drizzle some olive oil over them.
8. Sprinkle salt over fennel and cherry tomatoes.
9. Return pan to oven for another ten minutes
10. Add broccoli to pan and roast until just tender. By this stage the fennel and tomatoes should be tender, well roasted with signs of caramelisation, leave for few more minutes if you need to.
11. Place baby rocket in salad bowl.
12. Put roasted vegetables with roasting juices and oil over rocket, squeeze over lemon juice, add salt and ground black pepper to taste and toss gently.
One thought on “Roast fennel, broccoli and tomato salad with rocket”
Lovely veggie salad Shanthini 😄