This was a delicious quick dinner tonight. This like a crumbed roast with no carbs. The addition of a bit of beaten egg to the coating mixture makes sure the lamb has a lovely parmesan, mustard and rosemary “crust.” Quick and easy dinner any night of the week or looks impressive for dinner part.Great with a nice salad or add roast potato or chips if you like.
Prep time: 10 minutes cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 rack of lamb (5-6 cutlets)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon or mild English mustard
- Handful of fresh Rosemary leaves stripped from stem
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 garlic clove crushed or minced
- Salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 200 degrees celcius
2. Heat non-stick saucepan on stovetop, sprinkle rack of lamb with salt and crushed black pepper and drizzle with olive oil
3. Brown lamb on all sides in pan, until nice brown colour achieved
4. Line baking pan with baking paper.
5. Place lamb rack on baking pan.
6. Mix mustard, rosemary leaves and 4 tablespoons of the beaten egg.
7. Smear mustard mixture thickly on all exposed part of the lamb rack.
8 sprinkle with half the parmesan.
9. Cook in oven for 20 minutes.
10.remove from oven, a sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan, then return to the oven for another 5-8 minutes.
11. Check that meat is done to your liking with a meat thermometer 71 degrees for medium rare is how we like it.
12. Remove lamb from oven, allow to rest for at least 5 minutes.
13. Serve with salad and roast potatoes or chips.