This Nigella inspired Christmas Cranberry sauce is better than any you will buy but is delicious and looks stunningly red and tastes of Christmas. Perfect with the Turkey.
Prep time: 5 minutes cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 350g dried cranberries
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons strawberry liquer or cherry brandy or equivalent of blood orange juice if you don’t have red liquer
- Zest of half an orange
- 100ml water plus some extra
1. Put all the ingredients in a small deep saucepan
2. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until cranberries burst. Add more water here if needed.
3. Best to take it off the heat before all the liquid is gone, as it will thicken when cooled.
4. Give it a good mix before serving as it will clump up if you have made in advance.
5. Leftovers should stay out of the fridge as it will harden too much. You can always loosen it up by heating again with a bit of water if you need the next day.