Very hot day here in Sydney calls for quick an easy dinner. The crisp iceberg lettuce cups with pork mince and after chestnut filling was the perfect starter for dinner.
- 300g pork mince
- 2 cloves a garlic and small knob of ginger minced
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1/2 small tin water chestnuts drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy suace
- Iceberg lettuce leaves crisped by soaking in iced water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Heat vegetable oil, add onion and cook until transparent
2. Add ginger and garlic and warm through
3. Add pork mince and fork to break up
4. Add sesame oil, soy, oyster and Mirin to pork and mix well. Add 1/2 cup water and cook for 5 minutes
5. Add water chestnut and cook for another 5 minutes until water has evaporated
6. Add chopped coriander
7. Trim iceberg lettuce into neat cups. Place iceberg lettuce cups in iced water, then dry carefully.
8. Scoop pork mince mixture into iceberg cups and serve.
2 thoughts on “San choy bow #pork #waterchestnuts”
One of the world’s great meals.
Especially if the weather is super hot!!