Working from home through the lockdown means no morning teas with shared baked goods, or breakfast meetings at nice cafes so I have planned for the week ahead by baking some low gluten muffins for us and to drop to some friends who live within 5km!
Using a combination of almond flour and plain flour, buttermilk and a mixture of oil and melted butter makes these muffins super moist and filled with the goodness of frozen and fresh blueberries.
Super-easy to make and just as easy to enjoy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes Baking time: 25 minutes Makes 10-12 muffins
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 200g frozen blueberries
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- 1/8 the cup of slivered almonds
- Muffin tin with 12 holes and paper muffin cups
1. Pre-heat oven 200 degrees Celsius
2. Sift flours and mix dry ingredients including almond flour, plain flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, sugar into a large mixing bowl.
3. Put wet ingredients into a seperate bowl including eggs, oil, butter, buttermilk, and whisk together until smooth.(make sure butter is cooled).
4. Slowly add wet ingredients into flour mixture mixing until just combined. Don’t overmix at this stage.
5. Fold in frozen berries, fresh berries and almonds.
6. Put paper muffin cups into muffin tin holes. Fill each muffin cup with batter ensuring blueberries are as evenly distributed as possible.
7.place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and skewer comes out cleanly. Leave to sit in muffin pan to cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy immediately and for days to come.