Very naughty but nice! A crunchy, spicy typical Thai street food snack which makes a good side dish addition for a Thai feast.
We had it alongside our now traditional Boxing Day Turkey Pad Thai and a Salmon and Zucchini Green Curry to create a Thai feast.
Prep time: 4 hours Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 400g boneless pork belly cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 red chilli crushed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 tablespoons potato flour or plain flour
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
1. Put pork into a bowl, add all ingredients except flour and oil
2. Mix thoroughly and allow to marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. Place flour on a plate.
4. Heat oil for shallow frying in a small deep frying pan or wok.
5. Cover pieces of pork in flour and then fry on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and pork is fully cooked.
6. Drain on paper towel.
7. Garnish with red onion, coriander and wedges of lime and serve.