Worth the effort of battering oysters! Trust me! Very easy…don’t be scared of making tempura batter …it is easy as. However it’s worth making more than less to make full use of the oil as you do need to deep fry them.
- 12-24 natural oysters in shells
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup cold mineral water and 6 small ice cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 cup Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons wasabi
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Mix mineral water with ice cubes and set aside
2.Mix wasabi and mayonaise and place in dipping bowl
2. Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl
3. Add water and ice cubes to flour and whisk until you get a creamy consistency, don’t worry about lumps.
4. Unattach oysters from shells, wipe shells and place on weaving platter.
5. Heat oil in small, deep frying or wok until drop of batter sizzles.
6. Dip oysters in batter and fry until batter is crisp and golden.
7. Drain on paper towel for a moment and place on oyster shells.
8. Serve with wasabi mayonaise…I serve alongside natural oysters as well.