A simple recipe that can be whipped up as a snack with just a few ingredients. Lovely with a cup of tea. A family favourite during my childhood.
- 1 large onion sliced thickly
- 1-2red or green chillies chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons coriander finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil
1. Put all ingredients except onions in bowl and mix until a thick batter forms
2. Put onions into bowl and mix to cover in batter
3. Heat oil in non-stick pan and put dollops of onion and batter frying until golden on both sides and cooked through. Best to cook on medium heat so they don’t burn and this allows more time for onions to cook through. Drain on kitchen paper.
4. Serve hot with a cup of tea.